Highport’s celebrating the Burning of the Socks this Saturday, March 14! The event is bigger and better this year with all kinds of fun happenings not only at Highport, but all over the Lake!
The Island Bar & Grill (IBG) will be open with a Shrimp Boil and entertainment. There are free flip-flops for sock-burners and a chance to donate new socks for charity. After the Shrimp Boil, Highport will be hosting a free barbeque for members (small fee for non-members) cooked up by surprise guests with games, prizes and a band. You absolutely don’t want to miss this!
- 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. Grab breakfast and/or lunch at The Bite
- 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Plano Marine Yacht Sales hosts an in-water boat show on the Courtesy Dock in front of the IBG
- 11:00 a.m. The Sock Burning will commence! The burn pit will be hot and ready in front of the IBG – Free flip-flops while they last!
- 11:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Complimentary information and vessel checks upon request at the ramp by the Coast Guard Auxillary and Corps of Engineers
- 11:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. “Fill the Boat” donation boat at the Highport Fuel Dock – bring your new and gently used life jackets and donate them to this lake-wide safety campaign
- Noon – 4:00 p.m. IBG Shrimp Boil – $14 pp – kids 10 and under FREE
- Noon – 4:00 p.m. Greg Guymon is playing tunes at the IBG
- 4:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. Meet the Highport and Safe Harbor Management Teams! We’re gonna smoke up some awesome barbeque! FREE for Highport members and nominal price for non-members. Games and Prizes! Show us your awesome Cornhole game skills!
- 7:00 p.m. – 11 p.m. Live music by the Jared Mitchell Band (formerly Spur 503)